Printable document of East Central Rule Review 2016
East Central Quick Review of Rules
These rules apply to ALL U11-U12 games:
Also, this rule is still in place for U11 & U12 goalies:
Fouls & Misconduct with the exception that an indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team at the center spot on the halfway line if a goalkeeper punts or drop-kicks the ball in the air from his/her penalty area into the opponent’s penalty area.
If you have a U11-12 game coming up, please review this rule & know it.
Here are some examples:
Team A goalkeeper punts or drop-kicks the ball from his/her penalty area to Team B penalty area and the ball never touches the ground before entering Team B penalty area. Result – Indirect Free Kick for Team B at mid-field.
Team A goalkeeper punts or drop-kicks the ball from his/her penalty area to Team B penalty area BUT the ball bounces or rolls a few times before it enters Team B penalty area. Result – allow play to continue.
Team A goalkeeper punts or drop-kicks the ball from his/her penalty area to the corner flag by Team B end of the field. Result – allow play to continue as the ball didn’t enter the penalty area.
Team A goalkeeper throws the ball from his/her penalty area to Team B penalty area and the ball never touches the ground before entering Team B penalty area. Result –allow play to continue.
U9/10 Game Information
LOTS OF INFORMATION HERE, PLEASE READ ALL OF IT
U9/10 game for East Central. Few things to keep in mind for those games:
A goalkeeper who violates the back pass rule will be penalized with an indirect free kick from the point where they pick up the ball. If the keeper touches the ball inside the 6-yard box, then the resulting indirect free kick should be taken on the line marking the edge of the 6-yard box at the point closest to the foul. The defending team must stand on the goal line between the posts or else be 10 yards away.
U8 - 4V4 Rule notes:
- Games are 4v4 (4 field players)
- 4x10 for game length
- Substitutes are unlimited & can occur at any time
- All free kicks are indirect
- Opponents should be 10 FEET away from the ball on all restarts
- No penalty kicks
- No offside
- Registered & certified referees are not needed at this level
Bad Weather Policy
Guidelines to help in case bad weather is moving in.
First make sure your game is still on before you leave if bad weather is in the area. Check your email & text for notifications. If the game is cancelled you will receive notification from the HOME team club. If you don’t hear or receive anything, the game is still on.
If the referees are on site prior to the game and bad weather prevents the game from being started, the home team will pay the referees their portion of the game fees.
Criteria for suspension and resumption of play:
- When thunder is heard, or a cloud-to-ground lightning bolt is seen, the thunderstorm is close enough to strike your location with lightning. Suspend play and take shelter immediately.
- Thirty-minute rule. Once play has been suspended, wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard or flash of lightning is witnessed prior to resuming play.
- Any subsequent thunder or lightning after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
Remember, the referee is in charge once on the field. Coaches or managers do not talk referees into continue playing if there is lightning or hear the thunder.
This policy applies to games & practices and means that everyone must leave the field and take cover.
The complete weather policy may be found at:
Scroll down, click "Weather Policy".